<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What to do on my lunch hour? 



Read? Read a manual? Write? Write a post card? Write this?

Take a nap? Set my one time alarm on my phone? Look at the time?

Take a walk? Take a walk. It is so beautiful out right now. It is. The humidity and clouds have been shed. Now it is breezy, almost chilly, but ALL sun. Sun and scents. Cut lawn and a shed full of tools and small gas powered devices. A dryer, a mother drying clothes. The treated grass at the Hot Pond Park. And the smell of mud and grain at the feed store.

Then I have to compress myself back into my office. Someone will ask if I had a good walk. Nobody will ask what I smelled out under the sun. What those smells draw up and out and into my thoughts.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?