<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Letter: Advertising overexposure
Beth Krejsa - Muncie

Recently, while taking my family out to eat, we happened to drive by Pleasures at Nichols and Godman Streets. It was dark out, and right next to its neon "Open" sign there was a window with blinds open to reveal a seemingly five-foot penis.

I had to stop at the stop sign, and as I did, my 5-year-old daughter asked me what it was she was looking at. I was infuriated with the fact that there we were, on a public street having to stop at a stop sign and lo and behold, there stands a giant fake penis for all to see.

It is bad enough that our kids' impressionable minds are assaulted on a daily basis by various media with sexual imagery, but this is unconscionable.

The bottom line is that the business owner should take responsibility for this and consider that children might be seeing something they shouldn't.

I would like to see a city ordinance prohibiting businesses such as these from this type of advertising. I plan to follow up on this, and I suggest that if you care about what your children are exposed to, other parents should follow up with this, as well.

March 23, 2004 Letter to the Editor --- Muncie Star Press found by George Shumar

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?