<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 07, 2004

Snowy Saturday morning watching our crows gobble cat food. Zoya the orange cat mumbles and chatters beside me- she loves to watch the crows too, although they are about as big as she. Aesthetically it's such a beautiful sight- sweeping black wings on white snow. We have about 15 crows. Sometimes the Cooper's hawk comes and attempts to get a crow dinner, but I've never seen her succeed. The crows alternate between fear and scorn when she descends, some of them flee and others brazenly come back when she's still in the yard. Once she was waddling around in my driveway, and I saw that a squirrel was under our car, taunting her. All this nature smack dab in a fairly urban neighborhood- I love it!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?