<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

"LOVELESS"
I saw "Lost in Translation" Monday night, not feeling great but decided to sink into a theatre seat and disappear. It was such a good movie, and one thing I particularly enjoyed was the soundtrack. It had some old and original music by the esteemed Kevin Shields, including a track from the My Bloody Valentine opus, "Loveless". Lately I cannot get enough of this album. It is sun streaming through green leaves and snow softly coming down. Guitars interweave like vines, creating heart-breakingly beautiful melodies. Sometimes there are snippets of sound that remind me of warped music accompanying a filmstrip from elementary school days. This is just the most beautiful and lush album I've ever heard!
Also find myself listening to Iron & Wine, particularly "Bird Stealing Bread". More music to tug the heart.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?