<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

What I get when I look in Google Groups for tips on installing a water heater.
Pretty Dumb Guy Does Home Repair and Manages to Not Burn the House Down . . . Barely.

"I was wrong. I didn't fix it. The water heater was working until a little
while ago. I went out and reset the breaker switch. A few minutes later
there were popping sounds coming from the basement. I looked down there and
could hear the sounds of an electrical short and there was smoke. Burning
wire smoke. I ran out and turned off the breaker and ran back to the
basement to put out the fire. It was the upper thermostat. For some reason
it was burning. Sure glad I was awake and not in the shower at the time."


Read into it some, it gets better.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?